Thank you for purchasing SiMei Silk mulberry silk bedding! Mulberry silk is a very precious yet strong and solid material, which will last for a long time with a proper care.
Silk bed linen washing instructions
- Gentle hand wash is recommended, water below 40°C. Use mild detergent only. Special silk detergents are recommended (such as Sonett). Do not rub silk hard. Stains (blood, wine etc.) are easily removed with a bit of bile soap without rubbing (bile soap available from Sonett).
- You can use machine wash with gentle cycle or a special program for washing silk and wool. Use a laundry bag. Do not spin, and leave silk soaked in water. Remove extra water from silk by pressing it gently between a towel, but do not squeeze.
- Wash dark and light colours separately.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not tumble dry.
- Hang wet sheets to dry. Avoid direct sunlight, because it can damage the fiber and cause colours to fade, just as any other textiles.
- Iron only when necessary, as genuine and thick silk will not wrinkle much. Use low iron (below 120°C) with a press cloth between the iron and the fabric.
- Do not let hairspray or perfumes to spill on silk as strong alcohol may damage the fabric.
Silk duvet and silk pillow care instructions
- The mulberry silk fiber inside duvets and pillows is not washable and should not be removed from its silk or cotton shell.
- To clean the silk, it is enough to air duvets and pillows in a ventilated place two or three times a year for a few hours. Oxygen will react with silk and clean it naturally. Avoid direct sunlight.
- Always use washable duvet covers and pillowcases to protect the silk floss from dirt and stains.
- Remove stains locally on the surface with bile soap (Sonett).
- Storage: When not in use store duvets and pillows in a cool dry place out of sunlight. Air well before stowing them in an airtight container or bag. Do not use compression or vacuum bags. Avoid adding any chemicals or moth balls. Silk is naturally anti-mite and anti-bacterial.
SiMei Silk silk beddings are antiallergic and chemical-free 100% natural products made from mulberry silk, the finest of all silk.